Patch 1.0.7 Preview
Written by: Mag | Date: 2013-01-12 09:29:41 | Related to: Diablo 3
Blizzard has published 1.0.7 Patch preview. Most important issues related to PvP:
- To duel another player, you’ll need to speak with Nek the Brawler at the inn in New Tristram
- Speaking with Nek will take you and your party to the Scorched Chapel, a new zone designed specifically for player combat
- This zone has custom geometry and features four different areas: the church, the graveyard, the river, and the lake
- Dueling currently supports up to four players in a Free-For-All format, which means you can battle your friends either one-on-one, three-player FFA, or a full four-player FFA
Our intent is to provide players a safe, opt-in location where they can fight one another for bragging rights (or maybe science) without the potential for griefing as it existed in Diablo II.
The game doesn't keep score and there are no objectives. We wanted dueling to be as simple and straightforward as possible, so we created a minimalist system -- we know that even without rewards and objectives, some players just want to beat each other up. Some matchups may be one-sided, and we don't expect that battles will be necessarily balanced. But that's okay, because dueling in Diablo III is more about kicking ass and taking names in a no-holds-barred sort of way, and this design certainly allows you to accomplish that.
- If you die in the dueling world, you will be resurrected in the dueling zone
- Death is not permanent in the dueling zone, even for Hardcore characters
- You don't take any durability damage while in the dueling zone
- When you're done dueling you can take a portal out or use your Town Portal to return to town.
More information is available here http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7029168/Patch_107_Preview-12_01_2013.
|no pvp dmg penalty?|
|Nope. No penalty, no balance, pure item-based duels.|
|YUrfh, I bet they could've implemented this way earlier.. anyway nice to get it as it comes and gives us much to work out!|
|Good that we will have "something" to work on, even if its only random ffa duels, without 2v2 option and without pvp cap on dmg.|
When I read the post, the thing that came to my mind first was "2v2 with friendly fire mode on".
|welcome back ruledevelopment...
Seems that this is somekind of emergency idé they had to come up with after crapping their last idea?
1 hit dules as we expected ;)
|I hope it is not real.|
|seems kinda retarded... why not use dmg reduction vs players to mby 25% or total dmg?
Cause their is no use going into combat like a main dps and killing every1 on one hit...
Aslo this seems like a huge advantage for range classes
*yay for me tho* :)
|So you guys probably know that top DPS 'black' weapons are bugged because they wrongly calculate max dmg on them, hence the big DPS.
If what this "PR" girl saying is true they do not intend to repair existing bugged weapons, only the new dropped after the release of 1.0.7...
I think they only try to appeal to coommunity, because nerfing weapons would cause a rage storm but in my opinion this would be vital to actually repair this game. Well but whatever... lets create even bigger gaps between players with imballanced weaponry worth billions of botfarmed gold. (same as they did with Legacy Natalya's)
|this game is broken!|
|It's confirmed by bluepost. The solution with black dmg bug is the most dyplomatic i guess. Besides they will probably add some BindOnAccount crafting weapons in the future - the gold sink pressure is to high ;)
How about new cc duration and +elite affixes ? I haven't test it yet. Does CC reduction from items is still bugged?